June was my "everything has to be done" month in 2008! I am a definite DIY-er and that included the nursery. I did not want a "nursery in a bag" and it had to fit for James and Maggie. Therefore, I went with two things I know well: God and Elephants!
I wanted to surround James and Maggie with God, because He is how they came to be! So, the planning began. I would need verses and of course, elephants. What could be cuter than the "rain forest novel" elephant. He was adorable, and with an added bow...it would pass for a girl. And the tree (which was a collaborative effort)...would become a "family" tree, with simple B&W photos of each family member.
Thanks to Susan (rock star Bible Study friend), I was able to borrow an overhead projector and we traced our images on to the wall. Lucky for me, I had plenty of leftover paint...including three different shades of green for the leaves, so this project was costing me $0.00!
The first picture (taken with a camera phone) was day two of the project...Thanks Tracy for your help, it would not have been completed with you!
James and Maggie love their room...we are learning the Bible verses on our walls, and they love their family tree! James is even beginning to remove Anna's picture and put it in the bed with him...
Wednesday, June 10, 2009
A Word-full Way Back Whens-day...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
Precious!
Post a Comment