Sunday, June 21, 2009

What makes Dads So Great! (Part Deux of the Father's Day posts)

Well, there are several dads that I have the opportunity of knowing, and I am definitely better for it!

Keith: Handsome, Strong, Faithful, Loving, Confident, Funny, Prince Charming, SuPeR DaDa, Sun Buddy (he likes to lay out by the pool with me), Helper, Confidant, Honest, Soul Mate, Hard Worker, Doer, Non-Complainer, Jungle Gym (for James and Maggie), Mine, God Follower, Husband, Son, Silly, Hugable, Dependable, Excitable, and He makes my heart overflow on a daily basis!

My Dad (Paw Paw): Great Dad, Strong, Do-It-Yourselfer (I learned everything from him), Listener, Lovable, Funny, Thinker, Faithful, Fish Slayer, Dependable, Honest, Super Awesome Paw Paw, Builder, Godly, Friend, Helper, Would not have made it without him, Thankful, and I love him more than words can express!

Papa Ed (Poppa): FIL (he took me as one of his own), Loving, Friendly, Thinker, Super Smart (HE will teach J&M Algebra), Super Handy, Gardener, Husband, Funny, Do-It-Yourselfer, Godly, Strong, Patient, Dependable, Thankful, and he has become the best Poppa to James and Maggie.

I saw these words (okay, it's a poem) and they really struck a cord (OKAY...I cried) with me.

Walk a Little Slower Daddy
"Walk a Little slower, Daddy." said a little child so small.
I'm following in your footsteps and I don't want to fall.
Sometimes your steps are very fast, sometimes they're hard to see;
So walk a little slower Daddy, for you are leading me.
Someday when I'm all grown up, You're what I want to be.
Then I will have a little child who'll want to follow me.
And I would want to lead just right, and know that I was true;
So, walk a little slower, Daddy,
for I must follow you!!
- Author Unknown

0 comments: