Many of you know we bought our house almost 4 years ago and it was a MESS! No fear, I love home improvements and sometimes feel I missed my calling as Bob Villa's #1 assistant! Well, with the help of my Dad and Mom, Keith and I took several days of vacation to begin on my laundry list of updates. Most of these items are for baby proofing and some are simply cosmetic...We still have more to do, but I am so thankful for the things we did accomplish; did I mention I owe a million thanks to my Dad, because without his knowledge, we would still be digging holes.
We added lattice work to our railings, built two swing frames (one for James and Maggie and one for the adults), built two Adirondack chairs, put together two new dining tables, and built two raised garden beds (I am planning a garden for fresh vegetables).
Here are some before and after pics...(these are just a few examples of our hard work)
Deck Before
New Lattice
James and Maggie's New Swing (still have cosmetic clean up to do).
New Frame for swing, plan to plant a climbing plant to weave through the top trellis portion. We have found the prettiest hand-made swings...can you say Happy Anniversary!
Dada and Maggie in one of the new chairs...I think Dada welcomed the break!
Next we plan to drain and clean the pool as well as plant flowers in our flower beds! One day I will have a livable yard...I really don't ask for too much considering I have brown thumbs!
Thursday, April 2, 2009
Work, Work, Work...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment