Friday, January 22, 2010

ol' kat burglary

This morning I let the dogs (Franklin and Lucy) out to "do business", just as I do every morning. Was it the sun finally shining after several days of rain, the cool air just right for not needing a jacket, or this pesky Ol' Kat perched a top my fence that told me it was not going to be a normal day? This kat was perched on the top of the fence near our little shed. This kat was minding his own business, unaware that we had two of the nosiest dogs in the neighborhood...who were about to be all up in his business.

Midway through brushing my teeth, I hear howling and barking that is seriously too LOUD for this early in the morning. I walk out on the deck to check on things...and I hear dogs but don't SEE dogs. Where O' where have the dogs gone. I call them and and get nothing, so I continue to call them...

out of this hole under the shed pokes this little head. Well, her head may be small...but it is attached to a bit larger body. I was not sure if she was going to make it back out of the hole...

She tried for several minutes and finally after wiggling and writhing her body she was able to get her front paws out so, she could push against the shed for leverage. I have never seen her work so much for something. She might have thought she was going to miss breakfast! (You are probably asking...why did I not help? Well, I am a firm believer... you got yourself in, so GET yourself OUT!!) I would have helped if she had needed it...I am not that awful, I promise.

Now, you might be wondering how did I get such great pictures. Well, as I am standing on my deck (like any typical Alabamian) I am yelling "Git Owt, Git Owt" (pronounced as it is spelled)...don't you want to be my neighbor?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally want to be your neighbor!

cat said...

What a great little story and great shots.