James Edwin and Marguerite Ann "Maggie" are officially here! They were born on August 18th...two days before their scheduled arrival. Keith and I went to the Dr Monday morning for our last routine check-up.
Dr Kennedy was not excited about my lab work and decided to transfer me to Labor and Delivery for observation. Dr Kennedy continued to run labs and we continued to call family members to advise them "plans had changed". We were either having babies Monday afternoon or Tuesday Morning depending on my lab report. We received the "All Go" from Dr Kennedy and they began prepping me for my C-Section. In a nut shell, I had elevated proteins and my platelet count was dropping, two things that cause Preeclampsia. So, babies here we come; I received several shots (which I don't like) and then came the epidural. Dr. Nag was awesome...no pain and in went the epidural without problem. Soon, I was wheeled into the operating room for my 4:30 surgery and 10 minutes later we had two Beautiful Babies!!!
Marguerite Ann "Maggie" was born 8/18/08 at 4:39, 6lb and 14 oz and 20 inches long and James Edwin II was born 8/18/08 at 4:40, 7 lbs and 2 oz and 20 1/8 inches long.
We are still in the hospital and I would expect we will go home on Friday.
Below are photos:



4 comments:
They are so cute. I can't wait to meet them on Labor Day weekend when we come see MiMi and Poppy. Love, Madeleine
Paul and I are so thrilled for you both and glad everything went well. They are beautiful! We are so excited for all of you! God Bless!!! Paul and Leigh Anne Thompson
Thanks for sharing your sweet babies with us. We keep talking about how beautiful they are! NOTHING is a bigger blessing than children! Let us know if you need anything.
Brendan and Courtney
They are adorable! What a double blessing. I can't wait to meet Maggie and James. God bless and take care!
Babs Harris
Post a Comment